Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
James Cox[_2_] James Cox[_2_] is offline

Default Impossible Date Formatting Requested?

Thanks for the attempt, Stephen, but it's not quite that simple - the dates
are coming from a third-party add-in that uses array formulas (and calls
into a process database) that I can't hack into, so it really has to be what
I was asking about - a single-cell date display format solution.

Sorry for not making that clearer in my post : (

James

"Stephen Bye" <. wrote in message
Put it in 2 separate cells, one above the other.
It's not like you're going to run out of rows...

"James Cox" wrote in message
Dontcha just love users? : )

I've got one that wants to display Excel dates in

03-Jul-04 09:14:22

format, but wants the date and time "stacked" in a single cell, as in

03-Jul-04
09:14:22

doing a date-to-text conversion and then using line wrap formatting on

the
cell would "work" - EXCEPT that the date has to stay an Excel date, not

text string.

Given Excel's "feature" of displaying dates as ######'s if the cell is

not
wide enough, I can't get any leverage on a way to do what he wants. I

had
thought that the ability to embed text into date (and number formats)

might
be a way to do this, but I can't find a way to get an active CR-LF

between
the halves of the datetime.

Anyone have any additional ideas on how to do this?

James