Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Rob Bovey Rob Bovey is offline

Default Problem with message box return value

Hi John,

MsgResult = Msgbox(msgprompt, msgbuttons, MsgTitle)
Select Case msgResults

Unless this is a typo, it looks like a case of the need for Option
Explicit at the top of your code module. You are returning the result from
the message box into an undeclared variable named MsgResult but your
Select...Case statement is looking at a declared variable named msgResults.

--
Rob Bovey, MCSE, MCSD, Excel MVP
Application Professionals

"John Baker" wrote in message
Hi:

I am dong something wrong, and don't know what it is. For some reason I am

not detecting
the results of button presses with the following code. Can someone show me

what I am doing
wrong please? OOPS is a tag I am going to further down in the macro.

Help much appreciated
sub macro()

Dim msgprompt As String
Dim msgbuttons As Integer, msgResults As Integer
msgprompt = "If you are not certain about installing the new spreadsheet

click NO in the
area below." & "If you wish to proceed with installation, click YES"
msgbuttons = vbYesNo
MsgTitle = "Confirm Installation"
MsgResult = Msgbox(msgprompt, msgbuttons, MsgTitle)
Select Case msgResults
Case vbYes
GoTo oops
End Select