Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Robin Hammond[_2_] Robin Hammond[_2_] is offline

Default Excel startup macros - visibility of...

G,

1. Jamie's right about the class thing. My mistake. I actually use compiled
activex dlls for a lot of my classes where you can set the instancing to
public (creatable),
and you can then access the class.
2. If all you want to do is run the function in the other addin, you can use
application.run

in your case I think it should be
Retval = application.run("COMMON.xla!WriteLog","Log entry")

The function in common could reference the class modules in common.

Robin Hammond
www.enhanceddatasystems.com

"ghost Wolf" wrote in message

Sorry if this message has been repeated

Exactly how would you go about setting up a reference to MyAddIn?

Lets say you have an addin calles COMMON.xla with the class module
properties and the module Log.
The Log has a public function writeLog(str as String) that you want to
access from any workbook/sheet

Example:

Public MyAddIn ??? 'how to setup this reference to COMMON.xla?

Props as MyAddIn.properties

public Function someFunction() as boolean
Props = new MyAddIn.Properties

some_property = Props.<some access method_or_property

MyAddIn.Log.writeLog("some string") 'is this correct?

End Function

cheers,