Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
David Copp[_3_] David Copp[_3_] is offline

Default Using Worksheet Codename to Determine Worksheet Existence

Hi,

Thanks for the option. I was aware of this method but I'm looking for a
direct method instead of iterating through all open workbooks. Thoughts?

Thanks,

Dave

"keepITcool" wrote in message
David,

you'll have to add some errorhandling yourself,
but this works for me:

Sub tst()
MsgBox Code2Name(ActiveWorkbook, "sheet2")
End Sub
Function Code2Name(wb As Workbook, sCodeName As String)
Dim c As New Collection, sh
For Each sh In wb.Sheets
c.Add sh.Name, sh.CodeName
Next
Code2Name = c(sCodeName)
End Function

keepITcool

"David Copp" wrote:

Greetings,

I've got a worksheet codename (activeworkbook.activesheet.codename)
and wish to use it to determine if the worksheet exists at a later
point in time. Presuming I've stored the codename, looking for a way
to see if worksheet exists (i.e. open) without knowing it's "friendly"
name or worksheet index. Any ideas?

Is it possible to get "friendly" name from codename? (then check
friendly name)
Other methods welcome.

Thanks,

Dave