Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
No Name

Default Outlook - Different Versions

Dick

Fantastic!

Thank you

-----Original Message-----

My code now look like this. Worked fine on my machine

but
when testing it with a friend they told me it was a
mixture of early and late binding! Would you mind

helping
again? Also in my OL version code I use

arrVer = Split(strVersion, ".")

Apparently this doesn't work for XL 97, can I use
something else?

Tell them to upgrade. Just kidding, use this function

instead

http://www.dicks-blog.com/excel/2004/05/split97.html

See inline below

Sub SimpleSender()

'CheckOLVersion

'MsgBox CheckOLVersion

Dim objOutlook As Object
Set objOutlook = CreateObject("Outlook.Application")

Dim objOutlookMsg As Outlook.MailItem

No variables should be dimmed as Outlook.Anything. All

Outlook variables
need to be dimmed as Object

'Open Outlook
Set objOutlookMsg = objOutlook.CreateItem(olMailItem)

olMailItem is a constant that resides in the Outlook

Library. When your
code compiles, it doesn't know about that library yet,

so you have to use
the constant's intrinsic value.

objOutlook.CreateItem(0)

zero is the intrinsic value for that constant. To find

these values, use
the Immediate Window (with the reference still set)

?olMailItem
0

With objOutlookMsg

.Display
.Recipients.Add "sophie"
.subject = "Believe it or not ........"
.Body = "This works"
.Send

End With

Set objOutlook = Nothing

End Sub

Everything else looks fine. Before you send it, uncheck

the Outlook
reference on your machine. Then you can compile and run

it and see if you
missed any early-binding stuff.

--
Dick Kusleika