Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Mark Mark is offline

Default Remove Data validation Input messages

Thanks to all who read this, your time is important: I am stuck. I
have used DATA VALIDATION in several cells of my application. Several
of these cells use the INPUT MESSAGE of the DATA VALIDATION as a kind
of mini Help menu. I would like to be able to offer the user the
option of turning off ALL of these tips as they can become annoying
after a-while. I have tried the following approach:

(Only one cell here as an attempt to get it to work at all...)

InvoiceEntry.Range("C15").Validation.ShowInput=Fal se

It doesn't work. I have been through the object browser trying
to get the heirarchy straight and it seems to me I should be able to
do this, alas I cannot. If any of you MVP types out there, or anyone
else for that matter, have any suggestions, I would greatly appreciate
it.

To restate, I want to retain the Data Validation of the cell,
but remove the Input Message. Thanks again, Mark...