Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Ken[_18_] Ken[_18_] is offline

Default Unwanted freezed screen cause by screenupdate = false

Can't answer all your questions, but you might check
VBAToolsOptionsGeneral to make sure that Error Trapping
is set to Break on Unhandled Errors. If it is not, that
could be the answer to questions one and two, assuming
that your error handling is done correctly.