Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Adding cells

David,

Format your cell for time, and use the formula

=SUM(B4:B34)/1440

1440 is the number of minutes in one day (24 hours * 60 minutes/hour). Excel
treats one day as 1, so that is the conversion.

HTH,
Bernie
MS Excel MVP

"David" wrote in message
m...
In a spread sheet I have a group of cells, b4 thru b34 that represent
minutes but are entered as single digits. Example - b4 = 35, b5 = 15,
b6 = 55 and so on.
The entry cells are formatted as custom - 00. That way if I have an
entry of 5 or 0 it will read 05 or 00.
I need a formula that will give me the total of all these cells and
convert it into minutes.
If I have a total of 285 it should read 45 as in :45. I have tried
sum(b4:b34)/60 but it doesnt work on any formats.

What would be a good solution if there is one.
Thanks for any help.