Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
StargateFanFromWork StargateFanFromWork is offline

Default Date/time code, both, accesible by hotkey?

"Bob Phillips" wrote in message
Hold Ctrl, hit the ; key, and then before releasing Ctrl, hit the :
(Shift-;) as well.

--

HTH

That sure did help, thank you! Very clever.

However, a formatting issue: no matter what the cell formatting is, my
custom shown here within quotes - "yyyy.mm.dd.ddd; hh:mm" - or even any of
the other standard formats, I always get a display like this:

6/29/20042:46 PM

There is no space in between the date and time nor is any format adhered to.
What am I doing wrong in this aspect?

Thank you!

Bob Phillips

"StargateFanFromWork" wrote in message
I've been using the ^+; a lot in my spreadsheets and by using a custom
format in the date cells. This has worked very well. But is there a

way
have both the current date _and_ time keyed in with _one_ hotkey rather

than
using the ^+; for the date and then in another cell, CTRL+SHIFT+: for

the
time? It would be nice to save the user time/aggravation by just using

one
cell and one hotkey.

Thank you!