Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
keepITcool keepITcool is offline

Default VBA instead of lookupformula

Thomas, this is NOT a VBA solution.. just an alternative:

If you have a lot of repeating formulas,

size decrease can be achieved by defining the formula as a Name Object,
then using the named formula in your sheet.

Since the formula is likely to have RELATIVE cell references, you need to
be carefull: before calling the Define Name dialog, you need to activate a
cell in the column from which the formula will be called....

hope you know how to work with defined names (and defined formulas)
else: spend some time studying it in help.. it will be worth it.

keepITcool

"Jonsson" wrote:

Hi,

Is it possible to do lookup in VBA instead of a formula?

I have a workbook with a huge amount of lookupformulas and therefore the
size of the workbook is so big that it gets unstabile.

If I write in code, will the size decrease?
If so, can anyone give me a little help in how to do that?

Any help is appreciated!

//Thomas