Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
RB Smissaert RB Smissaert is offline

Default Removing Leading Zeros from a String

If you have a large number of cells to strip you may want the fastest
possible
function. I think this is quite efficient:

Function StripLeadingZeros(strNumber As String) As String

Dim i As Long
Dim byteArray() As Byte

byteArray = strNumber

For i = 0 To UBound(byteArray) Step 2
If Not byteArray(i) = 48 Then
StripLeadingZeros = Right(strNumber, Len(strNumber) - i / 2)
Exit For
End If
Next

End Function

If somebody can show me something that is faster I would be interested.

RBS

"MARTY" wrote in message
Greetings!

I have a worksheet which contains about 15000 rows, one
column of which is a dashed number sequence. Example:

0000123-45-67

I would like to remove the leading zeros. Note that
there are not always four zeros in front of the first
number (sometimes there are more, sometimes less). Is
there anything that can be done using VBA to remove the
zeros?

Thanks,
MARTY