Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Tom Ogilvy Tom Ogilvy is offline

Default VBA Sort one sheet display another

Assume your sort macros are activating sheet1 (which isn't necessary and
eliminating that approach would be the best solution, but in the interim).

Private Sub Worksheet_Activate()
On Error goto ErrHandler
Application.EnableEvents = False
sort1
Worksheets("sheet2").Activate
ErrHandler:
Application.EnableEvents = True

Tom Ogilvy

"Pete" wrote in message
sheet1 has first names and last names data on it.
i have three sort macros which all are working for sheet1.

sheet2 sheet3 and sheet4 have the linked data from sheet1.

here is what i want to do. When a user clicks on sheet tab 2, i would
like the data on sheet1 sorted with sort1. and after the sort display
sheet2.

if the user clicks on sheet3 i want the data on sheet1 sorted with sort2.
and after the sort display sheet2. etc.....

when I do this

Private Sub Worksheet_Activate()
sort1
Worksheets("sheet2").Activate
End Sub

well that gives me and endless loop of sorting of sheet1.

i thought there was a way around this but I can not remember how to do
it.

anyone know the work around for this?