Biff

Glad I could help. Thanks for the feedback.

Biff

"bem" wrote in message
Biff--Genius you are!! I have never seen that function before. It is
exactly what I needed--and simple too.

Thanks
bem

"Biff" wrote:

Hi!

If your negative numbers are really numbers formatted as (1234):

Over:

=SUMIF(A1:A20,"0")

Short:

=SUMIF(A1:A20,"<0")

Biff

"bem" wrote in message
I have a spreadsheet that compares daily sales with money received. The
last
column calculates whether the cash register was "over" or "short" for
that
day. I would like to add separate cells to total the "over"/"short"
amount
for the month. How could I do this?

Ex:
Over/Short
(2.50)
(.75)
1.00

O.K.--The total over/short is ($2.25). But what I need is:
Total Over: 1.00
Total Short: (3.25)

This seems as if it should be simple to do--unfortunately not simple
enough
for me to figure out. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.