Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Earl Kiosterud[_3_] Earl Kiosterud[_3_] is offline

Default Macro code to write text to a spreadsheet?

StarGateFan,

I think you can put your macros in personal.xls (or any open workbook), then
run them with keyboard shortcuts or whatever.

Sub PutMyFormula1()
ActiveCell.Formula = "=SUM(A1:A10)"

Earl Kiosterud

"StargateFan" wrote in message
Is there a way to have a macro type out text in a new spreadsheet?

I've done this in Word but not sure how to do it in Excel. The Word
macro creates a table and populates the cells with data that I often
need. The macro gets saved with the normal.dot so it saves me a ton
of grief since I don't have to cart around the info in a separate
template yet I have the data handy whenever I need it.

I was hoping for something similar in Excel to access formulas I use a
lot so I don't have to cart templates around for that, too. I'd then
be able to create a toolbar for excel tips, say, and have those
most-used formulas accessible by a couple of clicks on that toolbar.

Thanks.