Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
nath nath is offline

Default Run-time error from my code

-----Original Message-----
I have this code that is placing a formula in a range of

cells if a control checkbox(cbExempt) is false. Then if
cbExempt is true, it is clearing the contents of that same
range of cells. I am getting a runtime error
(1004):Application-defined or object-defined error when I
run this code. The problem seems to be the line where it
places the formula in the range of cells. At least that
is the line that the debugger is highlighting. Any
suggestions would be great. Thanks. Matt

Public Sub Formula()
If Worksheets("TIME AND LEAVE").cbExempt.Value =

False Then
Worksheets("TIME AND LEAVE").Range

("C31,E31,G31,I31,K31,M31,O31").Formula = "=IF(RC[1] < R[-
21]C[1],'ERROR','')"
Else
Worksheets("TIME AND LEAVE").Range

("C31,E31,G31,I31,K31,M31,O31").ClearContents
.
Try using .select then selection.clearcontents

then range("a1").select to get back to a "home" position

nath