Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Papou Papou is offline

Default Problem Dragging Formulas

Hi
Maybe:
Tools, Options, Calculation and set to "Automatic"

HTH
Cordially
Pascal

"Music Non Stop" a écrit dans le message de
Hi there

I have suddenly had this problem appear in my work book and do not know

why
it has started to do this.

When I drag down a formula in a cell, the row number changes in the

formula,
however the actual value within the cell stays the same as the original

cell
that I've dragged down from.

For example.

Cell D2 has a value of £11.95, and D3 has a value of £12.95.

I want to show these prices excluding VAT, therefore in the next column

(E2)
I have the formula =SUM(D2/1.175) which gives a value of £10.17.

I then drag the formula down from E2 onto E3.

The formula states correctly =SUM(D3/1.175), however the vlaue is still
£10.17 and not £11.02 which would be the correct value. If I manually type
the formula the correct answer appears, but as I have rows of prices I

need
the drag feature to work correctly again.

Please can anyone help me on this.

Thanks
Phil