Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Jim Rech Jim Rech is offline

Default Excel assumes too much

The OpenText method allows you to specify the data type of each field. You
would have to specify that this field is text.

To see how this is done first temporarily change the file's extension to TXT
(just so long as it is not CSV). Then record a macro as you open the file
in Excel. The File Import Wizard will appear and you use the third screen
of the wizard to change the field type of the "date" field to Text from
General.

The resulting macro will demonstrate using the FieldInfo parameter to
control data type.

--
Jim Rech
Excel MVP