Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Deactivate autofill

You have a few replies at your other posts.

"sowetoddid <" wrote:

I have a block of about 500 cells that require text input (mainly
numbers, but also some plain text). I would like the user to only be
able to input the assigned values one at a time without altering
anything else.

Right now the entire spreadsheet is password protected with the
exception of these 500 cells. However, I have found that the autofill
and "drag and drop" have allowed users to modify the formating on the
sheet.

How can this be prevented?

I also deactivate drag and drop, and that only deactivates the command
on cells that are protected. Please help.

---

Dave Peterson