Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Ed[_18_] Ed[_18_] is offline

Default Code to sort/delete rows

I created a sample worksheet with blank rows interspersed among the data
rows. Simply using DataSort put all my data in ascending order with all
the blank spaces at the bottom. Is this useful to you?

Ed

"doublef " wrote in message
Hello-

In a nutshell I am trying to figure out how to automatically sort names
and delete blank cells. Here is what I am doing...

I made a simple mock-up of the type of Excel data I am working with
(below). It contains employee ID number, names, gross pay and where
each employee did work for the month. The employee information is
entered in the excel sheet, along with each location they did work for
during the month.

[image: http://www.vidbusters.com/media/excel_sample1.jpg]

This data is then brought to the following sheet through some simple IF
statements (basically, if they did work for Location 1, then put the
amount there...).

[image: http://www.vidbusters.com/media/excel_sample2.jpg]

The problem is that when an employee does not do work for a certain
location, it just leaves a blank space. And in the real sheet, there
are hundreds of employees so the page will have a few employees, a
bunch of blank rows, then a few more employees.

I only know enough Excel to get by, my knowledge basically caps off
with VLOOKUPS :) Is there code or some sort of a macro that can
delete those unused cells and sort the names so they are right under
each other? If anyone could help, that would be awesome! Thanks in
advance.

---