Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
marty marty is offline

Default Need help with Syntax

Hello:

I have a workbook which has three worksheets. Each
worksheet has several cells which have comments in them.
I have a toggle button on each of the worksheets which I
want to use to alternately show and hide all of the
comments on the worksheet.

Here is the VBA for the toggle buttons (all three are the
same:

Private Sub ToggleButton1_Click()
If ToggleButton1.Value = True Then
Call ShowComments
Else
Call HideComments

The macros "ShowComments" and "HideComments" were
recorded. They look like this:

Sub ShowComments()
Application.DisplayCommentIndicator =
xlCommentAndIndicator
End Sub

Sub HideComments()
Application.DisplayCommentIndicator =
xlCommentIndicatorOnly
End Sub

This works, but the problem with this is that each button
shows and hides all of the comments on every worksheet.
I want each button to show and hide the comments only on
the worksheet on which it is located.

I know I need to replace the "Application" in the
recorded macros with some sort of Workbooks
(ActiveWorkbook.Name) and Sheets(ActiveSheet.Name)
combination. I tried this:

Sub ShowComments()
Dim MYSHEET as Object
MYSHEET = Workbooks(ActiveWorkbook.Name).Sheets
(ActiveSheet.Name)
MYSHEET.DisplayCommentIndicator =
xlCommentAndIndicator
End Sub

{and repeat the syntax for the other macro}

but I can't get it to work.

Ideas?

Thanks,
MARTY