Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Tom Ogilvy Tom Ogilvy is offline

Default variable stored in Excel - read only from VBA

Sounds like you are talking about the hidden name space that Laurent Longre
explains on Chip Pearon's site.

http://www.cpearson.com/excel/hidden.htm

Tom Ogilvy

"Robert Mooney" wrote in message
Your post triggered a new thought. I can store persistent data through

CustomDocumentProperties. This will work for the time being. But this data
is accessible through the normal Excel macros. I still remember reading of
a way to store variables that could only be read from VBA.

Bob Mooney

"Tom Ogilvy" wrote:

Sounds like you are talking about a collection or a dictionary object

(from
the scripting runtime I believe).

However, neither are stored in a workbook as persistent data.

Tom Ogilvy

"Robert Mooney" <Robert wrote in

message
I thought I read that there was a way to store data in an xls file -

this
data was only readable from within VBA. The data was stored and

retrieved
via key-value pair.

For example: "totalOpened", 356

I can't find the documentation on this now. Did I imagine this?

Bob Mooney