Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Nigel Nigel is offline

Default UserForm label doesn't load?

Presumably the userform loads since you see a white square which also means
that the form control also loads. So how is the Label caption being set?
Have you placed this in the form control properties? An obvious one but
what colors have you specified for the label caption?

Try specifying the caption as part of the form initialize event. So behind
the form try

Private Sub UserForm_Initialize()
Label1.Caption = "Please Wait"
End Sub

Cheers
Nigel

"Ed" wrote in message
I made a small UserForm with a label that says "Waiting" to pop up during
some of my longer macro routines. I'm trying it in one program using the
code below, but the Label never loads - it stays a white square. What

would
be the best way to figure out why it won't load? Or does anyone have a
correction for this?

Ed

<Dims here

Load UserForm1
cntFound = 0

MyTarget = ""
MyTarget = Application.InputBox("What text are you searching for?")
If MyTarget = "" Or MyTarget = "False" Then GoTo Bye

UserForm1.Show vbModeless

Range("B1").Activate
strName = ActiveWorkbook.Name
Application.ScreenUpdating = False