Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Tom Ogilvy Tom Ogilvy is offline

Default Select a value from one list, presents outcome from two lists

I set up a sheet as you describe/I described in my assumptions and tried
both my formulas in cell B1 of Sheet2. Cell A1 had the dropdown.

Both worked being pasted from the posting (no modification). Of course your
set up would have to match or you would need to modify them. Also, my
dropdown list referenced the source names in Sheet1, so I know there will be
a match. Not sure if your dropdown does that or not. If there is no match,
the formula will return #N/A.

It is impossible to tell whether you are replying to Bob or replying to me,
so you need to specify what you are referencing.

Tom Ogilvy

"schwin " wrote in message
Thank you for your reply. I must say I really appriciate it, but I get
an error message saying that there is an error in the formula. In sheet
2, I create the dropdown from sheet 1 containing the names. Then I
paste the formula into B1 in sheet 2, and this is supposed to work?? I
don't have to do any modifications in the formula??

Again thank you for replying and sry for my lack of competence when it
comes to excel...

---