Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Tom Ogilvy Tom Ogilvy is offline

Default Select a value from one list, presents outcome from two lists

=Vlookup(A1,Sheet1!$A:$B,2,False)

where A1 is on sheet2 and contains the results of the dropdown selection
Assumes names and phone numbers are on Sheet1 in columns A and B
respectively. You can change A:B to a specific range such as

Sheet1!$A$1:$B$100

you can keep it from displaying #N/A by adding

=if(A1="","",Vlookup(A1,Sheet1!$A:$B,2,False))

Tom Ogilvy

"schwin " wrote in message
I'm kind of new to this excel-thing, and i'm sorry if my questions seems
childish and terribly annoying.

Anyway I have two list one called names, and one called
telephonenumbers. These are placed in sheet 2. In sheet 1 i've created
a drop-down list with the data-validation-list etc and I've told the
list to drop-down is NAMES. Based on the names that appear i want the
telephone-nr that "belongs" to that name to show up to the right of the
name in the adjoining cell (these numbers are written in
TELEPHONENUMBERS). Could someone please help me with this problem??

Regards

---