Alan Beban

Harlan Grove wrote:
Karl Burrows wrote...

It boils down to taking a column of builder names and stripping off the data
that is not common to all values for that builder, whether that means
removing 60', - 60, - Greenbrier, or any other designation they may come up
with. I think that is where the hang up is. Unless you can compare all the
builder values and then say well these are pretty much alike other than the
"60" at the end or "townhome" or other, so let's remove that portion. I
haven't had a chance to try to coding and maybe that is what it does.

The problem is that some of the qualifiers added to some of the builder
names could be legitimate parts of a person's or company's name. I'm
not saying that's in fact the case, just that it could be. . . .

Unless I misunderstand, we already know from the OP's 3rd posting in
this thread that it is the case. He made it clear that in Ryan
Townhomes, the builder's name is Ryan and Townhomes is a suffix; and
that in KB Home the builder's name is KB Home and Home is not a suffix.

Alan Beban