Dave Peterson

First some questions...

#1. Do you see the ### characters in excel before you do the save?
#2. Do you see the ### characters in the .csv file when you open that .csv file
in notepad--or some other text editor?
#3. Or do you see the ### characters after you reopen the .csv file in excel.

I've seen the ### characters in long text cells that are formatted as Text. But
that occurs in excel, itself.

If you're seeing the ### characters in excel, just format those cells as
General.

zzapper wrote:

I have to save an Excel *.xls to csv ,
sadly some VERY long Excel text fields characters are being saved
as ############# (are long fields stored as some kind of blob?).

Is there any Excel based solution? (I have found a 3rd party convertor)

I save-as tab-separated txt file (but it's the same for other csv formats).
Version Fully updated Excel 2002

--

Dave Peterson