Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
The Wonder Thing[_2_] The Wonder Thing[_2_] is offline

Default Creating Word Documents with an Excel Macro

Hello everyone,

I don't know if this is possible, but I have a feeling it is from the little I've read about it.

What I'd really like to do is write a couple of macros that could be run from custom buttons with happy-little user-friendly symbols, I'd put on my Boss's computer so he could understand them. ;)

That part's easy, but the actually macros I have no idea how to do. I want to have one button open / create an Word document template of a purchase order. The Purchase Order has sections for Part Name, Part Number, Cost, Last Ordered, etc., and so does the record in excel, so I'd like the second button to add the current record to the purchase order.

Basically, he'd be looking through the partlist, finding something we need to order, clicking the "Make P.O. Button", then clicking on each record seperatly (activating the cell), and clicking the "Add to P.O." button to put the record onto the P.O. From there he could print it, and everything would be wonderful.

Any suggestions. I'm getting pretty good at macros within excel (I think), but I know nothing about working with other applications.

Thanks in advance!