Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Greg Koppel Greg Koppel is offline

Default Why do i have to re-assign macro's all the time

You need to assign/unassign the macros to the buttons when the workbook is
opened.
Here is the example solution for a toolbar, menus are similar.

Sub Auto_open()
Toolbars("LogForm").Visible = True
Toolbars("LogForm").ToolbarButtons(1).OnAction = "PhoneLogger"
Toolbars("LogForm").ToolbarButtons(2).OnAction = "LateLogger"
End Sub
Sub Auto_close()
On Error Resume Next
Toolbars("LogForm").ToolbarButtons(1).OnAction = ""
Toolbars("LogForm").ToolbarButtons(2).OnAction = ""
Toolbars("LogForm").Visible = False

Toolbars("LogForm").Delete
On Error GoTo 0
End Sub

HTH, Greg

"Simon Lloyd " wrote in message
I have four work books which all have pretty much the same code apart
from a few minor changes, and they all use some custom menu bars (the
same for each workbook)......my problem is this...when i re-open the
workbook on another networked machine i have to re-assign macros or if
i open one workbook close it and open another i have to re-assign...why
is this? is there a solution?

Simon

---