Dave Peterson

Is it one dedicated column that has the reference to the external file?

If yes, then maybe you could just use a formula that creates a hyperlink:

=hyperlink(a1,"click me")

And drag down.

(And it'll depend on what you have in A1, too.)

maybe
=hyperlink("C:\my documents\my pictures\" & a1 & ".jpg", "Click me")

would be required.

Instant000 wrote:

Hello.

I am using Microsoft Office 2000

I have a workbook that contains approximately 10 columns, 240 rows of
information.

Each row has to reference an external file, which will be a hyperlink to
an external picture.

I know how to manually create the hyperlinks, but I was only wondering
if there was possibly an easier way?

I was envisioning the possibility of dragging and dropping to create the
hyperlinks, or something easy like that.

Could anyone provide assistance?

No matter how complex, I'll attempt it, and no matter how simple,
I will not be ashamed to hear it.

Thank you.

---
I came, I saw, but I did not conquer.