Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Simon Lloyd[_493_] Simon Lloyd[_493_] is offline

Default Method of protection fault when sharing file!!

I am trying to share a workbook on a network, the workbook is stored o
the network drive, but when i use the autoclose/open i get a runtim
error saying method of protection invalid.

In my workbook (which i created in xl XP, then subsequently saved i
97 as workbook*xls) i use sh.protect or mysheet.protect to protect thi
first sheet opened and the last sheet updated.

The network machines have xl 97 is there a different way o
protecting/unprotecting in 97? does anyone know the solution?

Simo