M.Siler

How does everyone feel if a unique delimiter was used line the tilde ~

5~Apple~Red
9~Grape~Blue
2~Orange~Green

Then use Data Text to Columns... and select the tilde as the delimiter and
you're golden.

I looked through options and didn't see where I could set the ~ as the
default delimiter.

"Bernie Deitrick" <deitbe @ consumer dot org wrote in message
I actually prefer the comma delimited:

5,Apple,Red
9,Grape,Blue
2,Orange,Green

That way, I don't have to deal with weird spaces when using text to
columns.
Of course, if your cells have commas, you're cooked.

HTH,
Bernie
MS Excel MVP

"M.Siler" wrote in message
What is the best way to post data to this newsgroup such that people kind
enough to help can copy/paste the data into a sheet.

If I had the following:

A1 = 5 B1 = Apple C1 = Red
A2 = 9 B2 = Grape C2 = Blue
A3 = 2 B3 = Orange C3 = Green

I've tried the follow, but nothing seems to work... any suggestions?

5,Apple,Red
9,Grape,Blue
2,Orange,Green

or