Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Twoo Doggs Twoo Doggs is offline

Default deleting the last nine characters in a cell

Use the Excel Help menu and Search for Find. The Help menu has some examples of using the Find function which needs to be incorporated into your IF() function.

--
Paul M

"Chris" wrote:

Ok, I have three cells. In the first one (A2) there is an item and dollar amount:

XXXXXXXXXXXXXX ($10.00)

In the second (B2) is a number:

1

The third (C2) is set up to populate if cell 2 has a number one in it with the following formula:

=IF(LEFT(B2)="1",(IF(Left(A2,29)="XXXXXXXXX","XXXX XXXXX","")),"")

This way it will see that there are ten Xs and then anything else and populate ten Xs in the cell.

I need the formula of a vb code that will populate cell three (C2) with the information in cell one (A2) minus the last nine characters (" (10.00)").

TIA
-Chris