Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
RPIJG[_55_] RPIJG[_55_] is offline

Default Write-Reserve problem...

I'm trying to overwrite a template file so that some things are change
and others are not. The template loads, values are entered, then whe
you press a userform command button, the file is saved as a .xls the
the cell contents are removed, then the file should be saved as
template, overwriting the template that is there (so some value
remain). I have it doing everything it's supposed to but it keep
saying that the template is write-reserved, but it shouldn't be, ho
can I change this so that it works? Heres a piece of the code tha
seems to be causing the snag, but I think the problem is really wit
the template, I can manually do a save as, but I want this to b
programmatic.

Code
Worksheets("Quote").Range("Q9").ClearContents
sPath = "C:\SyntheticShield\"
ActiveWorkbook.SaveAs Filename:=sPath & "SyntheticShieldQuoteMaker.xlt", FileFormat:=xlTemplate
ActiveWorkbook.Close Fals