Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Me Me is offline

Default Conditional Format

Well actually I didnt get it working---that was a repost for additional info
Thanks
"Bob Phillips" wrote:

Typical boss eh? Never know what they want until you give them something,
then they know what they don't want.

Glad it helped.

--

HTH

Bob Phillips

"ME" wrote in message
Thanks for the response... I had to make some slight changes for the

boss------THe criteria is now in row Z, and additionally only if the cell
value is greater than 0 should it be colored, ColumnB to Column Y of the
row.

ME

"Bob Phillips" wrote:

As you want more than 3 conditions you need VBA

On Error GoTo ws_exit:
Application.EnableEvents = False
If Not Intersect(Target, Me.Range("A1:A6")) Is Nothing Then
With Target
Select Case LCase(.Value)
Case "dog": .Offset(0, 1).Resize(1,

10).Interior.ColorIndex
= 3
Case "cat": .Offset(0, 1).Resize(1,

10).Interior.ColorIndex
= 5
Case "fish": .Offset(0, 1).Resize(1,

10).Interior.ColorIndex
= 10
Case "bird": .Offset(0, 1).Resize(1,

10).Interior.ColorIndex
= 19
Case "horse": .Offset(0, 1).Resize(1,
10).Interior.ColorIndex = 20
Case "snake": .Offset(0, 1).Resize(1,
10).Interior.ColorIndex = 34
End Select
End With
End If

ws_exit:
Application.EnableEvents = True

Haven't checked the colours
--

HTH

Bob Phillips

"ME" wrote in message
Reposted and condensed from post in Worksheet functions.....
A1:A6 can equal dog,cat,fish,bird,horse,snake. I want to

conditionally
format B1:K6 based on the A1:A6 value. I want a different color for the

row
dependent on the entry in Column A.

DogRow is Red, CatRow is Blue , FishRow is Green, BirdRow is

Yellow,
etc.

How do I do this?
Thanks!