Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Paul Mac[_3_] Paul Mac[_3_] is offline

Default Excel macro slows down on second run

Try saving the active workbook.

HTH,

"lee777 " wrote:

Hi. I am facing a problem with the performance of a macro that my
colleague has written. In a nutshell, the macro vlookups for values
from various excel workbooks/wooksheets, and put them all into one
worksheet (wsSample). The first time it runs, the speed of the macro
is "acceptable". After the existing the macro (VBA....passes END),
while Excel is still running and the wsSample is still active, if I try
to rerun the macro, the speed of the macro drops drastically. However,
this problem will not occur if I shut down Excel, restart Excel and
rerun the macro. Does anybody know anything about this?

---