Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Baranya Peter Baranya Peter is offline

Default Visual Basic Help

Thank You
-----Original Message-----
As far as I know, this is the discussion group for VBA as

used in Excel:

http://support.microsoft.com/support...ontent/fileio/

fileio.asp
File Access with Visual Basic® for Applications

Tom Ogilvy

"Baranya Péter" wrote in

message
Does anyone know where the Visual Basic help/discussion
forum went? Last time I looked it was here and now I

can
only see Excel. If anyone can help me (give me ideas)
here, I would greatly appreciate it. I would like to
create a Visual Basic application (under excel) which
can "read" inputs from text files. If the last sentence
wasn't crystal clear (sorry), I would like it to "read"
character strings from a predefined area in a text file
(say from row 1- row 20), then write them in a

predefinied
cell in Excel. I would also like the program to
work "backwards", write text from defined cells into
predefined places in a text file (oh yes, and create the
text file). Thanks in advance.

.