Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Tom Ogilvy Tom Ogilvy is offline

Default VBA IDE Weirdness....

You might have two buttons, one on top of the other. This can happen by
doing a ctrl+Click on the button with a slight movement of the mouse.
Perhaps you were trying to snap the control to align with a cell or size it
maintaining the aspect ration and tried holding down the Ctrl key, then
moved the mouse slightly (creating a copy ), then lined it back up over the
original without realizing you had made a copy.

Tom Ogilvy

"Trip" wrote in message
Hello all,

A little weirdness occurred with my VBA development environment and I was
wondering if it is anything to be concerned about...

I had CommandButton1 on a sheet and a corresponding "Sub
CommandButton1_Click()" routine in VBA. Somehow, the name of the button

was
changed to CommandButton2 - not by me, and I'm the only one writing code

on
this workbook. Yet the routine's name did not change. Obviously, the
button stopped working. When I went to change it's name back I would
immediately get an error about "Ambiguous Object Name" (or something very
close to that). Ultimately, I had to change the name of the routine.

I scanned the workbook for viruses, and found nothing. Does anyone have

any
ideas as to what happened.

Thanks!

Trip