Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Jamie Collins Jamie Collins is offline

Default Examples of Using VBA, ODBC, and mysql

bwreath wrote ...

I would appreciate very much if someone could provide
some examples on how I can capture, manipulate the
data once I have made a connection to a mysql database
from Excel using VBA using ODBC.

From your code, it seems you have been successful in connecting and
capturing, but how exactly do you want to manipulate your data? Once
it's in Excel you can manipulate the data using, well, Excel
(copy+paste, cell formulas, VBA code, etc). You can manipulate the
data before it gets to Excel by changing the SQL query.

subsequently feeding the result select statement into
another sql statement.

This sounds like it could be achieved using a JOIN or perhaps a
sub-query in SQL. Post some more details.

Jamie.