Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Bryan Kelly Bryan Kelly is offline

Default Find the end of a column

How do I find the end of a column. I recorded a macro that selects down to
the end of a column. I now want to generalize the macro. In the example
below I want to replace C1:D2418 with C1:<last cell in column what ever
row it is.

ActiveChart.SetSourceData Source:=Sheets("data").Range( _
"C1:D2418,J1:J2418,W1:W2418,Y1:Y2418"), PlotBy:=xlColumns

Can I replace Sheets("data"). with
Sheets( <something that signifies the current sheet regardless of the
name )?

And lastly, while editing a macro I find no operator for "Save as" meaning
save this macro under a new name and leave the current name as it is. When
I want to copy a macro to another name and make some minor edits, I must
start recording a new macro, stop that one, edit a previous one, make a
copy, then go back to the new one and replace the entire macro with the new
body. Only then can I start the edit process.

Obviously I am new a macros, but I have a bunch of data log files from my
system that I must chart and analyze in two days.
--
Thank you,

Bryan Kelly
Time is the medium we use to express out priorities.