Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
No Name

Default macro in 2003 template asks for non-existent XLS

Thanks, both. I'll try the assign, though I'm using a
menu list, not buttons. Hopefully, it's similar.

The macros do not have obvious workbook references. The
simplest, (which still does not work anymore), has only
two commands, e.g.,

sub gotosht1 ()
sheet("sheet1").select
range("C3").select
endsub

What I'm still puzzled by is why it's asking
for "work1.xls" when I'm working in "templ2.XLT" (which,
recall, was renamed from "work.xlt").

I also saw a reference to hidden names in the knowledge
base, with a routine to display and delete any unwanted
ones. I'm going to try that also if the assign approach
does not work.

Thanks for your help so far.

Dave