Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Norman Jones Norman Jones is offline

Default Filename problem

Hi Grace,

You are saying that I cannot somehow, by macro, make sure that, when it
tries to open a file, it will look at files of all extension types and, if

want a .L00 (or whatever) file type, I cannot get it to find it?

No not at all. You can, of course, specify any (valid) file extension you
wish. Using the default xls extension enables a search to return some or all
workbooks in a given path. Personally, I use an appropriate folder
configuration coupled with a naming convention to store/find my files.

That is not to say that I never use a non-standard extension. If, for
example, I wish to back up my xlb (toolbar) files I will often use a revised
extension.

In my reply to you I said:

(3) Unless it is your intention not to use the standard Excel xls

suffix,
change ".L00" to (say) "-L00"

The choice is yours, my intention was simply to to alert you .

---
Regards,
Norman