Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Trim, Len, Left causing problem

I'd take a closer look at Tools|References (make sure your project is active in
the VBE, too).

Look for MISSING in that dialog.

If (when) you find it, you'll have to decide if you need it.

If you do, you may want to go back to the developer pc and convert your code to
use late binding instead of using the references.

Dick Kusleika has a web page at:
http://www.dicks-clicks.com/excel/olBinding.htm
that explains this difference when using Outlook

It's very nice to use early binding when developing. You get all the
intellisense help (when you set the reference and declare the variables
nicely). But before you distribute it to users (who may be using different
versions), it's usually a good idea to use latebinding (and change those object
variable declarations to the generic "As Object".)

krisrajz wrote:

I wrote a VBA module in which I used Trim, Len, and Left functions. When I copy the WorkBook that contains the module to different systems running different OS (Win 95/98/NT/2k) cause problem at lines containing Trim, Len and Left. I checked up Reference List it was valid. What is the fix?

Advance thanx
RAJ

--

Dave Peterson