Irene

Default Zero Suppression

I'm trying to figure out a way to change Excel's default of suppressing
leading zeros in a .CSV file. I open the file from Explorer and it opens in
Excel but the column that should have 5 digits doesn't include the leading
zeros. Example: 00323 would show as 323. If I send the file to Notepad, it
shows the zeros so I know they're there.

Is there a way to change it to not suppress the zeros? I'd like it to
default like that instead of going in to Format Cells and changing it through
there each time I open the file. This is a file that will be recreated
monthly for a customer.

Thanks so much!
Irene