Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
balleklorin31 balleklorin31 is offline

Default How to solve: y=1/x, x0

The major obstacle here is how to make MS Excel 2002 automatically inpu
x-values in ONE cell, read off the result from the cell containing th
formula. Then I want Excel to export both the input x-values an
calculated y-values to another place in the spreadsheet, another sheet
or directly into a graph (thus making a lovely hyperbola.)

I have googled my way around the Internet several times and there ar
plenty of pages explaining how to make a x-column and a y-column, an
you end up copying and pasting thousands of x-values and thousands o
the equation down to row #thousands. Although, it would be ok if Exce
needed to export the RESULTS to thousands of cells. Because then
could just highlight the whole columns with the chart wizard.

I need Excel to do this, because I am doing financial budgeting wit
hyperbolic-like equations. Are there add-ins, functions, VB-scripts, o
similar that do this?

I would appreciate any help on the matter!

Cheers,
balle klori