Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Hari[_3_] Hari[_3_] is offline

Default Omitting displayalerts set to true Vs. Automatic reset

Hi Bob,

Thanx a lot. Got ur point.Will take care to include it always.

Regards,
Hari
India

"Bob Phillips" wrote in message
Hari,

What I said was

VBA Help says that it is not automatically reset at the end, but I am sure
that I found that it is. Either way, it isn't much to do it yourself.

Not quite the way that you have worded it. I was stating my recollection,
but advising that you do it anyway. I always do. Even if it worked today,
there is no guarantee it will in the next release.

--

HTH

Bob Phillips

"Hari" wrote in message

Yesterday I had posed a query on "Displayalerts and screenupdating" for
which I got very useful post backs.

In one of those Bob Phillips mentioned that if we set displayalerts to
"false" and before closing the program we dont change it to "true" then

Hh
found excel to automatically reset the displayalert to true.

Today I wrote a macro in my personal folder and I set the displayalerts

false but omitted the displayalerts to true statement.

After execution of this macro I opened a blank workbook and wrote

giberrish
data and pressed the close button on the right hand corner. Strangely

( or
to my horror ) excel didnt prompt me for changes the way it used to do
always. Presently I have run the same macro with displayalerts set to

true
statement included and
now when I close a unsaved workbook Im getting prompts for saving it.

My query is how is it that Bob's experience is different to mine. Does

the
way displayalerts work depends on Excel version ( I have 2002 and

Win2K ).
Or does the same depend on which type of workbook one used the

displayalert
statement. In my case was the fact that I tied it on Personal macro

folder
make it sort of permenant?

Regards,
Hari