Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Hari[_3_] Hari[_3_] is offline

Default Omitting displayalerts set to true Vs. Automatic reset

Hi,

Yesterday I had posed a query on "Displayalerts and screenupdating" for
which I got very useful post backs.

In one of those Bob Phillips mentioned that if we set displayalerts to
"false" and before closing the program we dont change it to "true" then Hh
found excel to automatically reset the displayalert to true.

Today I wrote a macro in my personal folder and I set the displayalerts to
false but omitted the displayalerts to true statement.

After execution of this macro I opened a blank workbook and wrote giberrish
data and pressed the close button on the right hand corner. Strangely ( or
to my horror ) excel didnt prompt me for changes the way it used to do
always. Presently I have run the same macro with displayalerts set to true
statement included and
now when I close a unsaved workbook Im getting prompts for saving it.

My query is how is it that Bob's experience is different to mine. Does the
way displayalerts work depends on Excel version ( I have 2002 and Win2K ).
Or does the same depend on which type of workbook one used the displayalert
statement. In my case was the fact that I tied it on Personal macro folder
make it sort of permenant?

Regards,
Hari
India