Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
TroyW[_2_] TroyW[_2_] is offline

Default Looping through a range of cells

One possible indirect approach would be to use a looping technique to try
and find the cell who's Top, Left, (Top+Height), (Left+Width) values will
contain the Top and (Left+Width) values of the Textbox.

cell.Top textbox.Top cell.Top + cell.Height
cell.Left < textbox.Left + textbox.Width < cell.Left + cell.Width

Kinda ugly, but it seems to work.

Troy

Sub FindTextboxCell()
Dim rngCell As Range
Dim ii As Long
Dim lngCol As Long
Dim lngRow As Long

For ii = 1 To 256
Set rngCell = Sheet1.Cells(1, ii)
If rngCell.Left Sheet1.TextBox1.Left + Sheet1.TextBox1.Width Then
lngCol = rngCell.Column
Exit For
End If
Next ii

For ii = 1 To 65536
Set rngCell = Sheet1.Cells(ii, 1)
If rngCell.Top Sheet1.TextBox1.Top Then
lngRow = rngCell.Row
Exit For
End If
Next ii

Sheet1.Cells(lngRow, lngCol).Select
Sheet1.Cells(lngRow, lngCol).Value = "I found it"

End Sub

"rEN" wrote in message
Hi!

I have six TextBox that I'm looping through and at the same time I need to

change the value of the cell next to the TextBox.

How can I do this?

Many thanks in advance

Ren