Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
liory liory is offline

Default averaging values according to (very) complex conditions

Please help! There must be a way to make excel do this:

I'm trying to compute a formula to average values only if they mee
certain criteria.
I am working on outputs generated by Superlab Pro. The data are from a
experiment where trials are randomised.

I need Excel to average all values from, say column A providing tha
they correspond to condition x in column B (so average all the value
which are in a row that contains the term x in column B) , AN
condition y in column C AND condition z in column D.

The key problem is that I can't know in advance which rows will contai
the term x, y or z, so I wonder if there is a way to specify "any o
the rows which contain a specific term" or something similar....

I would be extrememly grateful for any advice. This would make my lif
so much easier.

Thanks,
Lior