Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Todd huttenstine Todd huttenstine is offline

Default Pivot Table Source Field Name

Is there anyway to change the source name of a field in a
pivot table?

For example:
When you right click on a pivot table and then select
Wizard...
Layout...
Then double click any field in the Pivot Table
You see "Source Field:" and right below that you
see "Name:"

I would like to change the Source Field.

If this cannot be done is there anyway I can change the
way a certain field is calculated using a custom formula?
I can change the way a field is calculated by selecting a
method under Summarize by, but I need a special formula.

I can do that by right clicking the pivot table and then
selecting Formulas and calculated field but that brings me
back to where I am now... that is having to rename a
source field. So if there is any other way to force a
field to calculate by a formula please let me know.

Do higher versions of Excel other than 2000 allow any of
this?

Todd Huttenstine