Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
joe joe is offline

Default Indirect validation possibility?

Hi Tom

CAE is in column 1. It is populated from another validation list.

What would this loop do? I'm still not clear on what you are suggesting

Thanks

Jo

----- Tom Ogilvy wrote: ----

Turn on the macro recorder and set up the validation you want

Now go to the calculate event of the worksheet and incorporate that basi
code in a loop through the cells in column 3

If calculate doesn't update it frequently enough, then you can use th
selection change event (not sure how CAE is produced in column 3, so yo
would have to be the judge of what event is best to use)

--
Regards
Tom Ogilv

"Joe" wrote in messag
..
I am using Excel 2002
I would like to have a Validation list appear in a the cells in column

if the cells in column 1 have "CAE" as a part of their text; otherwise
would like to have the cells in column 3 behave as if they have n
validation list (i.e. no dropdown arrow appears when any of the cells ar
selected)
Is this possible; does anyonne know how to do it
TIA
Jo